Troutman Sanders Strategies’ (TSS) Healthcare Team works with clients to develop custom-tailored government relations strategies that help clients meet their policy objectives.
Our significant knowledge in a variety of healthcare-related matters enables our team to effectively provide strategic advice on a myriad of regulatory and legislative processes related to leaders in the research, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, hospital and health plan sectors. Additionally, our healthcare practice places a predominant emphasis on representing the payor (insurance, pharmacy benefit managers, etc.) community by assuring the legislative and regulatory environment allows them to best serve their clients with affordable healthcare products.
TSS has developed sound relationships with the Senate Finance Committee, House Energy and Commerce Committee, Senate Appropriations Committee and House Appropriations Committee. Over the years, our abilities accompanied by these relationships have enabled us to effectively advance client initiatives, including:
- Preparation of clients for oversight hearings before various congressional committees
- Enhancement of trade association profile on Capitol Hill
- Obtainment multiple research projects for universities
- Helped medical supply company avoid government intervention that would negatively impact business
- Modification the Georgia’s Certificate of Need Law (CON) to allow for the consideration of a new destination cancer hospital, marking the first successful CON modification in over 15 years
Over the years, our clients have included healthcare trade associations, medical supply companies, multiple universities and the industry leader in providing hospital performance measurement and improvements.