State Government Affairs
At Troutman Sanders Strategies (TSS), we continuously work on behalf of our clients to create a business-friendly environment within and across state lines.
From our team's previous government service, we have first-hand knowledge of the legislative and administrative process and understand how to navigate the complex issues that cut across all branches of federal, state and local governments. Supporting practice areas can be broken into broad categories of excellence.
State & Federal Government Affairs & Strategic Consulting Services
- Legislative & Executive Branch Advocacy
- Legislative Strategies, Monitoring & Analysis
- Strategic Policy & Regulatory Intelligence
- Government Procurement
- Coalition Building & Grasstops Advocacy
- Corporate Issue Management
- Funding & Appropriations
- Public-Private Partnerships
TSS is distinguished as a positive, influential body in the public policy process in a number of key areas, including: Agriculture, Natural Resources, Energy, Environment, Insurance, Finance, Taxation, Trade, Healthcare, Appropriations, Project Funding, Telecommunications, Technology, Transportation and Infrastructure.
To learn more about our work in federal government affairs, click here.
Our representative experience in State Government Affairs is exemplified by the following:
- Represented national insurance association in implementing Graham Leach Bliley amendments in Virginia and securing authority for the commercial deregulation of large commercial risks
- Represented national credit card company in a year-long study of legislation pertaining to database breach notification and assisted with drafting of current laws
- Represented national beer manufacturer in enacting retail alcohol advertising initiative
- Represented municipal electric system to obtain legislation giving cities and towns that operate their own electric systems additional statutory authority to make wholesale purchases of electric power