Transportation & Public Infrastructure
The 21st century has given rise to major changes to the transportation industry. Today’s global economy demands the efficient movement of goods and people, and our businesses, methods of transportation and infrastructures must be prepared to meet these demands. In recent years, the condition of our nation’s transportation infrastructure has been in disarray with railroads, highways, public transportation, maritime, aviation, motor, customs and international trade and other related infrastructure failing to meet the pace commanded by this rapidly evolving sector.
The knowledge of the Troutman Sanders Strategies’ (TSS) Transportation & Infrastructure Team united with the expertise of Troutman Sanders’ robust public transportation practice furthers our presence in this complex area. We thoroughly understand the issues and needs associated with all modes of transportation, and are well-versed in achieving positive results for clients relating to commercial construction projects, residential construction, development and housing.
These professionals monitor and advise clients on the latest legislative and regulatory policies to ensure their initiatives are managed in the most effective, efficient manner to produce noteworthy results. We have excellent relationships with all of the congressional committees, administration agencies and their state equivalents relevant to transportation and public infrastructure projects. Our substantive reach into all levels of government enables us to successfully support our clients’ initiatives across all aspects of the transportation and infrastructure sector.
Some of our most notable successes include:
- Passage of a constitutional amendment permitting developers to create infrastructure development districts. This would allow them to issue tax free revenue bonds to pay for the infrastructure of a development up front, and then pass the cost onto individuals purchasing homes within the development.
- Preparation of clients for oversight hearings before various congressional committees
- Obtainment of witness slot for client in order to brief key appropriations subcommittee on capabilities of client and industry
- Monitoring of expenditures of Department of Defense (DOD) in order to position company for future business
- Passage of significant legislation creating infrastructure development districts and reversing Supreme Court decisions affecting zoning rights exemplifies our expertise in construction and development policy